Super easy and yummy! I hate eclairs, and Love eclair cake so don't knock it until you try it.
| This picture is not mine but you get the idea |
2 (3.4 oz) vanilla instant pudding packages
3-1/2 cups whole milk- skim milk works just fine and saves a few calories:)2 boxes of Graham crackers- you won't need most of the 2nd box, but will need just enough for >1
8 oz. cool whip- I use fat free, can't tell the difference
1. Blend milk and vanilla pudding packets for about 2 minutes. Fold in Cool Whip
2. In a 9x13 pan, Layer graham crackers to cover entire bottom of pan. You man need to cut and shape the crackers to fit nicely.
3. Poor half of pudding/cool whip mixture on top and level.
4. Put another layer of graham crackers to cover entire surface. Cut and shape crackers accordingly.
5. Put the second half of pudding/cool whip mixture on top and level.
6. Put the final layer of graham crackers on top with bumpy side down. This will help the top look more smooth when you go to put the frosting on top. Once again, cut and shape crackers accordingly to avoid pits and cracks.
FROSTING
3 Tbsp Butter- I use about 1 tbs and it works just fine
3 Tbsp milk
3 Tbsp Cocoa
1-1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Microwave butter and milk just enough so that they are melted together. You do not need to boil it. (I don't have the powdered cocoa, so I use 1 unsweetened cocoa square and put it in the microwave as well)
2. Add cocoa and powdered sugar and blend together. This will be a runnier frosting/glaze
3. Pour over top of graham crackers and smooth out nicely.
The recipe says to refrigerate over night, but I think the graham crackers get too soggy this way. So I'd just say refrigerate for a few hours and call it good.
I love this and it's way easy. Also per Jenn's request the less frosting the better. The frosting is a little sweet and you could probably half the frosting and just drizzle it over top and it'd be just as good, or go without it all together. I also thought about eliminating the final layer of graham crackers. It wouldn't be as finished, but it would still taste good.
No comments:
Post a Comment