1 (29 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 (29 oz.) ca kidney beans with liquid
1 (29 oz.) can pinto beans with liquid
1 med onion, diced
1 small can diced green chilies (optional but I would recommend)
1/4 cup chopped celery
3 med tomatoes chopped (I used 1 quart canned tomatoes, without the juice, I also diced them a little before I added them to mix)
2 tsp. ground cumin
2-3 TBS. chili powder (I used 2 TBS and this was plenty)
1 1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. salt
2 cups of water (I used the juice from the tomatoes instead of the water and made up the difference with water)
Combine all ingredients. Simmer over low heat for 2 to 3 hours, stirring every 15 minutes. Serves 12.
You can also cook for 6-8 hours in a crock pot stirring occasionally. If it gets too thick, I add a small amount of V-8 juice to thin it out.
I love this recipe and have cooked it in the crockpot when I have made it. It is a little thin when it is done but is better the day after, thickens in the fridge VERY well. Delicious, hope you like it!
No comments:
Post a Comment